Monday, July 24, 2006

The horse park

Finally, I managed to go back to sleep after waking up at 3:00am. I slept all the way to 6:30am. At 9 the protestant women's group met up at the church, and MaryBeth boldly led 9 other vehicles through the Japanese countryside to the horse park. I thought she was going to have a stroke. Having taken so many journalism trips. I was totally prepared. I just sat in the passenger seat and counted cars at each turn, stop light etc.

MaryBeth and I got to talking at one point and made a small misstep, but we u-turned and got back on track. To the right is a photo of Connie, Burke and Grace. The girls are 1 and 2 years older than Grace. (She's not that much shorter is she?) In the background you can see the park. This is about half way up the mountain - but not to the start of the slide yet.

The slide is really long, it went half way down the hill and instead of a solid sheet of metal it was rollers, like a conveyor belt of butts. It was fun. MaryBeth enjoyed it tremendously. I think she may have sneaked back for more rides.

There was also a horse barn quite full of horses in need of petting, and a really good playground. The kids had a great time.

The restrooms at the park were nothing but Japanese squatty potties, so I got to squat twice. Yippee.


It actually started to get a bit warm here. Can you believe it???? And the fog cleared up, so I can actually see the mountains MB kept telling me were visible from her house.

We finished our lovely picnic lunch, then we headed on our way back home.

Brock has basketball practice this afternoon, and Gracie has a dentist appointment. Then we have the t-ball end of season party.

No comments:

Post a Comment