Wednesday, January 7, 2009

An Ode to Susan

One of my very favorite people in all the world works with me. I met her 9 years ago I think. She rocks. Funny, smart, doesn't take crap off of anyone, cute husband, great kids, blah, blah, blah. Most importantly, (you knew I would circle back to me quickly enough) she gives great advice, and she really helps to keep me out of trouble. Not always an easy task. She has made little murmurs of retirement the last couple of years, but nothing really serious until now. NOW, she says she is serious. She will retire in June. I could just cry. I will miss her sooooo terribly I can hardly stand it.

I realize I still have 6 months and I should be happy for her getting to retire and spend more time with her grandchild etc, but the totally self-centered part of me bemoans the fact she is leaving me. waaahhhhhhhhhh.

Susan is the greatest. I'll try to be a grown-up now and be happy for her. . . because happiness IS contagious, don't you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment