Thursday, January 22, 2009

My latest addiction

I tried to go back and find the post that I knew I had written after I had an energy drink this past fall. I drank it too fast, my face turned bright red and it started burning like no other. I hauled my ass downstairs to the school nurses and tried to not freak.

The post is nowhere. I can't believe it. Afterwards, one of the kids drew a photo to help me remember the magic moment. Really. I looked just like this. The energy drink in question is Slam. It is really good stuff. I have to confess frequently when I write about being a whirling dervish it is, in part, courtesy of my little magic potion.

The addiction part is that I can't stop drinking the stuff. ('Cause that is, after all, the very definition of an addiction . . .can't stop.) Every day I have to have my Slam! Sometimes I yearn for a second one, but since I think I can't sleep at night cause of the first that I sometimes drink a little late in the morning, it is probably better to not succumb to my desire for a second.

Please note the photo below is a little blurry. That is because I took the photo right before drinking it, and I was starting to get the shakes from withdrawal.

No comments:

Post a Comment