Monday, January 19, 2009

Inservice Begins

"Cell Phone as a Learning Tool" taught by my dear friend, KT, began my day. The class hasn't begun yet, but she is starting to get a look of concern. I think she is eyeballing the participants trying to decide who she will want to give the smack down to first. Personally, I'm laughing my ass off. I'm in the back and hiding, so I think I'm clear, but some of these people really shouldn't have sat so close to the front.

First, I have to say I love a class that begins with pull out your cell phone.

I knew I would be sitting in the back multi-tasking because I am a multi-tasking fiend. I multi-task so that I have myself occupied when things slow down. This is important because I can be very annoying to those around me with my desire to answer questions, as well as a need to make jokes and distract others. Hey, I acknowledge that had I been born 15, ok fine, 20 years later I would have been raised on Ridalin and stamped ADD without so much as a by your leave.

I'm looking around the room and it is an interesting crowd. The drama teacher who I KNOW doesn't even let cell phones near the classroom. The cheerleading sponsor and the drill team sponsor because they are all about adding cell phones into their curriculum of learning. HA. The assistant principal I love, but who I am pretty sure hasn't taught anything in a few years. The 3 4 admin assistants . . . again, not sure that they are going to be utilizing this info.

Ok, I've done other posts in the meantime, but I have to give props to my friend, KT. She did a really great job. I had fun and learned a lot. You, my blog audience, will benefit from this more than anyone, so enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment