Friday, May 12, 2006

What a day

Thought I'd give you a glimpse of what passing out yearbooks day looks like. I thought I had a picture that showed all of the boxes filling the room, but alas, not so much. By this afternoon I think we were down to about 100 name stamped books and 100 or so non stamped books left to pass out. Fairly impressive. We usually have a lot more left.

Second period, Lisa came and got me so that I could attend the 9th grade team meeting. About 3 weeks ago Lisa told me that the 9th grade team was planning on making the final exam a group project/presentation. My jaw dropped. There was no freaking way I was making the final exam in a pre-ap class a project. So, we went ahead and made a test. At any rate, we thought the meeting was going to be about that, as it turns out they all were talking about giving standard tests. The meeting seemed to be mostly pointless. Fine use of time.

I still haven't answered the phone, but would you believe there haven't been any real complaints? Seriously, journalistically a baaadddd book. Photographically, not so great either. Getting everyone in the book? Not our year. But this is the book with no complaints? Life is so weird.

Oh, I almost forgot the best part. Two of my awesome students (sisters) gave me a necklace for the end of the year. It is so tiny and delicate. Alright, the incredible up close shot does give you a great look at my freckled covered neck, but try to focus on the necklace. It is so cute. I told Kathleen (one of my editors-in-chief) that I wanted to get a t-shirt with a peace sign too. She did a fine job of making it clear that a t-shirt w/ a peace sign was a faux pas of the highest order. (I may still get one anyway). Thpttttt

The penguin apparently told a bunch of the kids that it is such a great book and better than last year's by a long shot. It's official. She's insane.

Moving on to the weekend agenda. Tonight: I must plan. Tomorrow: as it turns out I will be starting the day by getting a manicure/pedicure with Mom. After that, mad crazy cleaning.

I brought home a ton of yearbook boxes which are an excellent size for packing books and other heavy objects. I'm hoping to get some books etc packed away. Need to make a run to the storage shed.

I'd like to end this with a profound thought. "Never delay the ending of a meeting or the beginning of a cocktail hour. " And with that, I'd like to say Goodnight and Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment