Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I believe there is a hex on me

Why is it every time I miss school for a non-illness I get ill? Guilt, that's why, or a hex. And the day started out so lovely. Woke up a little later than usual, took my time getting ready, showed up for jury duty right on time . . . suffered through voir dire (for a DWI charge) and finally got let go at about 11:00 or so. Interesting side note, 3 of the guys got DWIs between '88 and '89. Another man has two sons who have had DWIs. 3 or 4 women all knew someone who died in a drunk driving accident.

At any rate, they must have thought I looked shifty, so I escaped my obligation to country and flag. Good enough for me. However, about 1/2 way through the morning I started getting a sinus headache, so by the time I left I was yearning to drill a hole into my brow to relieve the pressure.

A student gave me a gift certificate to Celebrity Bakery, so I thought it was a fine plan to get lunch there. While waiting, a real estate agent called me about the house. She told me that her clients saw my house on the internet and asked her to preview it since they are currently in California. I have no idea if she did end up seeing it, but I can say that she was a little snotty about the price. After all, she just put a custom custom home on the market at $87.00/sq ft. La ti da, what the hell is a custom custom home anyway? Why isn't one custom enough? Quite frankly I think the second custom should demand a higher price. Besides it didn't even have a semi-custom pool, and I think Texas summers put a much higher premium on pools over custom custom. I wish I had written her name down, so I could send her a snotty note when my house sells. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I got lunch, got home, ate, then got dressed to go workout. No, no stomach a little weak. Changed clothes to not waste a workout outfit on a non-workout day and put on the most comfortable clothes I could find. I soon took off to bake my little bod in a tanning salon for about 20 minutes. Sadly, I was unable to cook the headache out. Went home and closed my eyes for about an hour.

I set the alarm on my new phone for 2:45, but the alarm played such a lovely tune that I didn't realize it was even the alarm and moved not an inch until 5 minutes before I was supposed to be at the hair salon. I dashed off for my appointment still not feeling particularly good. For some unknown reason when she asked if I wanted her to wax my brows I said yes. Oh why, Oh why, can't I say no, and why. oh why, doesn't it garner me more dates? At least she gave me a nice little head massage while she was washing my hair 'cause she felt sorry for me. I'll take it any way I can get it! Hair looks great. Brows do too for that matter.

Back home to place cold compresses on my head. The real estate agent from yesterday showed up again today. While I was pottying, thank you very much. Probably has thrown my whole system off now. At any rate, she found out that the reason I wasn't getting calls was because the scheduling service had the wrong number. She said she gave them the number on the sign out front, so they could actually reach me to give a little heads up when people will be showing up on my doorstep. At any rate, the fact she had to come back is probably a good sign, don't you think? Let's remain optimistic and say yes.

Broke down and took a bath (what the hell, maybe the naked girl in the tub could help me get the selling price : ). Shortly after 6:oo the scheduling service called to make sure it was ok if a real estate agent showed my house between 5:30 and 7:00. Hmmm aren't I lucky on that one! So, I sat in the front room watching outside for their arrival at which point I took myself out to the car and parked myself in air-conditioning down the street where I could see as soon as they left. Lo and behold, another real estate agent showed up with clients about 15 minutes after the first one!

I believe they lingered in front of the house before leaving . . . I know that must show interest. I was in and out of the houses I wasn't particularly interested in rather quickly, if I remember correctly.

As soon as I finish this I'm going to take more pharmaceuticals and go to bed. Tomorrow I have 5th and 6th period exams so I should have kids both periods. We've been instructed not to leave early (exams will end at about 1pm) but if I have a headache tomorrow I'm going to the doc in the box instructions be damned.

P.S. For those of you keeping up, I am still unable to control my phone. It is taking photos with regularity when I am not intending to do so. Oh, and I appear to be calling people randomly. Apparently this is the phone that will put my belief that I don't say things I'm not willing to say to someone's face to the test.


  1. All that misery AND you missed the mice at the honors assembly... 15 quite white, quite excited mice let loose and/or thrown out into the students' section of the auditorium.
    Relieved the tedium a bit, I'd say. Sorry you missed it.
    The culprits have more fun planned for Friday night.
    Don't worry Baby Huey isn't involved.

  2. We heard there was supposed to be something good . . . but it was strangely quiet (except of course the beachballs that we would have been shocked NOT to see)