Friday, February 20, 2009

Sabrina and the squirrel

This is a tale that totally deserves photos, but it was so traumatic, there are none. So sorry.

Wednesday morning I get up let the dogs out and go about my business of getting dressed. I've been sick all week, so I was busy snorting salt water, gargling salt water and blowing my nose.

I see out of the corner of my eye Sabrina running in the house with something in her mouth. I thought to myself, "Huh, I wonder what toy that is," and headed out of the bathroom to follow her into the front room. There she sat proudly displaying THE DEAD SQUIRREL. AUUGGGHHH.

After getting Sabrina and Buddy out of the room, honestly, the first thing I had to do was make sure that the damn thing was dead. Then I had to figure out how to get it out of my house. I am scarred.

Now I roll through the house regularly checking for dead animals.

2 comments:

  1. I find myself obsessed with the Dane coming in town and not interested at ALL in the dead squirrel.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. That is disguuuusting. At least it was a squirrel and not an opossum?

    ReplyDelete