Thursday, February 5, 2009

Memories of the Cult

Several years ago I attended a workshop that friends and family fondly referred to as 'the cult.' when I signed up for the cult, I remember that what I was really after was peace. You know how there are people in this world that are just . . . calm? The world doesn't seem to freak them out and they don't seem to get too stressed out about stuff. I wanted that.

At any rate, I'm still on the email list for the cult, and they sent a great prayer out today. It reminded me of my dream, my desire, my yearning for peace. I've lowered my standards since then, but I really like the prayer.

May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.

May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others.

May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.

May you be content with yourself just the way you are.

Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.

It is there for each and every one of us.
Saint Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment