Saturday, February 7, 2009

#5 Pitched and missed

He started with great promise. We were meeting at 6:30, but he called at 6:10 to say he was already there. I liked that! Way better than showing up late.

There are two things that were the deal breakers, if you will, and then a couple of other things that I just thought, well, this could be a problem.

Ok, I know it is wrong to make fun of a physical infirmity, but he had a facial tick and a snort (It was a combo, face would tick, then he would do this snort thing in the back of his throat.) All. freaking. evening. It was totally distracting. I know he couldn't help it, but there it is.

Religion. I am all about everybody doing their own thing. (I don't think I push my believes on to my friends -feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)However, I would like the person I commit my life to, to be someone with whom I can go to church. He presented his believes in such a way it was an accusation against the women he had dated in the past who had not wanted to go out with him again because he's a "deist." How could they be so closed-minded as to not want to go out with him again because he's not sure of what he believes? He believes in a god but he's on a path and I quote "as a scientist it is hard to believe in water being parted." Dude, if you have problems with that, just wait till you get to the New Testament!

So, minor issues: the "profile" information is full of misinformation. He says he thinks he is too honest for some girls and that honesty is important, but it actually seems it is only important for the big stuff. For little things, well, everyone lies.

Including in the "white lie" category, but not limited to the drink occasionally actually means he never drinks at all. It just annoys me. Just say you never drink. If it means some of us aren't interested in you because of it then we prefer our men to drink with us, so either drink or find a girl that doesn't drink or is ok with you not drinking. Don't lie and think you dashing good looks and charm are going to make the lie OK.

He is very clearly in love with the idea of being in love. He pounds home he is looking for someone to marry, watch movies with, cook with etc. etc. I'm not so sure the girl is as important as the vision if you know what I mean.

He thinks that marriage shouldn't be work. Those people make tired. I am sorry if you are one of those people. Unless you are one of those people who has been married for 20 years, in which case please tell me how you have been married for that long without work. Cause it looks like work, not all the time, but there is some work involved. NUT JOB.

So, date was over by 9pm, and I was tired, but I decided to drop by the neighborhood bar that I have wanted to check out for a while. One drink I said. . . I think I was overserved. Good music, they had Anchorman playing on the tv, (stupid but very funny), and there was a precious little 30 yr old buying me drinks. I even promised him he would make the blog as the guy that saved my evening. So, here's to you, Michael.

Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment