Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I can't afford being a girl, let alone, a Diva.

OK, so I had to have a visual aid. It hasn't been two weeks and look how far they have grown!! Seriously, they are way out from the nail bed, and they have grown so much that you see the white of my nail and then a space before the white of the solar nails. I've been promised that this is just because they are new. They will not grow at this meteoric rate for long. (Can we pause and appreciate the irony that I put the stupid things on because my nails were in such bad shape AND not growing at all?)

Yikes. I had convinced myself that at every 3 - 4 weeks it wouldn't be so bad, but this is NOT OK. And yet, here I am dating away. I can't have my hands look like crap. Hello, it is a package thing. Wrap me up and put a bow on top.

Oh, and I need to make an appointment to get my hair cut. Augghhhhhh

Speaking of which, I thought I would review my dating path in the last several months, I'm trying to keep my head on straight and be relaxed. I don't want to be cutting guys off immediately, but I don't want to hang on long after I know I need to be walking. Know what I mean? Let's check my progress.

We had
Date #1, met for brunch, my general response was that I could imagine he was still single because he was clearly ego-centric. Didn't hear from him again.

Date #2, the orthodontist. Let's see, chose Spaghetti Warehouse as his place to impress me. Told me that it was some kind of test to see if I was a gold digger. (Paaleezzeee) Started getting all freaky touchy on me immediately, tried to do me in the parking lot, asked if I wanted to get in the car and "make out" - uh, NOOO, put doggie bag on dashboard and allowed it to spill all over my car. Ok, so he was texting me madly before Thanksgiving, but then disappeared, let's assume he got the hint.

Date #3, Very nice on first meeting, but the second date let it all out, showed up late, had no plan whatsoever, told assinine stories that he thought would be cute???? blah, blah, blah I'd like to add that I kindly emailed him the morning after the second date and told him I didn't think we were a good fit. He was shocked, he thought we were perfect. I sent a response of why I though this, and he replied with uh, I guess you are right. Yes, yes I am.

Date #4 This is when the twittering began. Nice guy, but really no connection, and then he called 8 days later. I'm looking to inspire a little more interest than 8 days later, oh, I thought I'd say hi. Ok, well, this is me saying by.

Date #5 . . .To occur. New guy. Has 3 kids (Yikes) youngest is 16. We talked yesterday for almost an hour, got along pretty well. He seems very straight forward, which I have to tell you, I really like. He's funny, interesting. Sounds very country. More to come.

1 comment: