Monday, November 3, 2008

It is so quiet, it is eery

Ok, so I started to write because I can hardly believe I have the classroom to myself. I have 4th, 5th and 7th open, but 4th I'm in student council and there are ALWAYS kids in the room 5th and 7th. If there aren't kids in here 7th, then I'm usually meeting with Mr. H planning out student council stuff. He's at a workshop for three days, so I sit alone. I almost don't know what to do with myself. (So rather than get school work done, I'm blogging. Perhaps not the best choice, but keeping that stupid 30 posts/30 days thing in mind, I thought it would be a good choice.)

However, with the decision to write about the eery quiet came the realization that I don't actually know how to spell eery. Sure, I could call Dad again to ask how to spell it, but I've already called him once today for a spelling issue. I went to dictionary.com, but when you are really far off on the spelling, even dicitionary.com has trouble assisting. Sigh. At least I got it eventually. Remember the standardized tests we would take in school that told us how we ranked compared to all the other children in America on our writing, math, spelling etc? I would score really well in everything but the stupid spelling.

I am leaving school early today to run to a doctors appointment ( I have three in a two week period because all of my annuals are at the same time. It's unfortunate that I am teaching an 8th period class, because I scheduled all of these appts last year when I foolishly thought I'd have 8th off again.) Unfortunately we have about 300 pages of proofs in at the moment, so I'm going to have to come back to work after the drs. appt.

1 comment: