Thursday, April 23, 2009

You know in professional circles . . .

you would be called an enabler. Not YOU, but 'you' my students. When asked last night, so what is a habit or addiction that you have, I didn't even have to think about it. (While I know he had high hopes for the answer to be sex, alas not the addiction of yours truly.)

My addiction is the slurpee. Coke Slurpee. I'm a purist. For anyone who watches NCIS, you might get close by imagining me as the Abby of HP, she has a love of the CafPow. I love the slurpee. Frequently people approach me with slurpee outstretched in the same way people approach her. The first sip of the slurpee . . .divine. My addiction is not helped by the DAILY offer of children only interested in my happiness (and their desire to be late, leave the building, go home to get something they forgot, and, in general, be a part of my total addiction) to go get me a slurpee. Have they no shame? I write this because last night, I think Date 9 might not have fully appreciated the total addiction I have going with el slurpee.

No comments:

Post a Comment