Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cracking the Whip

There are times during the year when I literally can sit in my office and check things off my little list paying almost no attention to the children. They can work like bees. Everyone knows what he/she needs to be doing, the editors are watching their minions with eagle eyes, and work is being accomplished.

However, this is the time of year when I have to sit in the room and truly pay attention. I have to keep my eye on them and constantly be hollering out, "what are you doing?" "Are you working on your assignment?" etc etc.

It wears me out. And, I'm already tired and itchy. I'm tired because I think I may be getting sick. Auuugghhh. And I am busy enough that I really don't have time to be sick. Going to bed early last night was a gift. I'm not stop all this weekend. So I'll be downing vitamin C like no tomorrow as much as I can.

I'm itchy because I decided that I needed a little color for the black dress I'm wearing to Prom (I know it makes me sound like a pediphile, but I promise I'm chaperoning, not dating ; )

At any rate, there is literally a line down my entire body and everything on the backside is burnt and everything on the front is fine (well, except the top half of my left boob where my top slipped and I am now crispy.) My backside is itchy. Top to bottom.

As an added note, it is one of the girls bdays. I let them talk me into going to JD's for a little bday something, something. ALL I wanted was a small limeaide. I gave them all my money. I got no change . . .and they got a cherry limeaide. CHERRY. Did I mention the word Cherry? NO. Not once. I am so annoyed.

I'm not even sure how I can de-crank myself. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment