Saturday, April 11, 2009

Oh, the things kids say

The BFF's kids, Biscuit and Gravy, are great kids. Well-spoken, intelligent, funny, interesting. Don't be fooled. They make me totally crazy. That is the beauty of children. They survive long enough to become grown-ups, because, let's face it, they can be annoying just because they exist, God Bless 'em. But I digress.

Yesterday we were discussing the pirates taking over the commercial ship etc. Gravy, who had been sitting in the back of the car quietly, pops up with "Speaking of Somalia, . . . " Really how many kids are able to start sentences like that? I totally would have nothing to complete that sentence. It is especially funny because she was thinking of the Zoo critter, the Wild Somali Ass. (Not some guy you met at a party, but discovered is a total jerk.) Who wouldn't have a good time visiting the zoo that has that animal?

Later, as we discussed my return to Rome and what places I would be seeing, I started frowning as no names came to me and Biscuit piped up with "the coleseum." FYI if you want your kids to look uber smart, Oklahoma City's Mid Del district is the way to go. Thank God Biscuit and Gravy ARE very smart so there time here won't make them total idiots, but I'm not sure that it's helped them that much. Later, trying to be especially kind, he informed me that, "When you get alzheimer's, I'll show you the postcards from Sorrento." She's training them well. (The postcard's came from me during the last European trip, so they would be designed to help me remember things in my old age. What a giver I say.)

all photos shamelessly found through google and snagged for my viewing audiences benefit. Hope y'all enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment