Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dress for success

I've started watching What Not To Wear again. I really love that show. It is also a really good reminder of how very important our clothing choices are. They say so much about who we are, how we feel about ourselves and how we want other people to see us.

They remind us that if we are leaving the house we should think about how we look, and how people perceive us. They always talk about how easy it is to look cute in any situation and for any size girl.

It doesn't matter if we are skinny or fat. We are all capable of dressing to impress and being comfortable at the same time. No matter what we are doing.

It also makes me think of two girls I have known that truly impressed me with how they dressed. They are both large girls, both tall and let's just say solid. Both girls made sure that they looked put together when they went out in public.

People comment regularly about how great they look. Nice outfits, etc. They didn't dress sloppily because they were over weight. They didn't wear clothes that covered them up thinking people wouldn't notice them. They spent the money to buy clothes that fit and that look nice.

They figured out what styles worked on their bodies, and they spent the money to buy those clothes.

I realize I have plenty of clothes. I definitely have a style at this point in my life, and I hope I look professional, comfortable and polished when I go out. And (I hope) I will never get to be on What Not To Wear. I'll admit there are a couple of people in my life that I would love to submit to be on the show.  I want the best for the people I love, and it hurts me to see them dress so wretchedly when I know they would feel better about themselves and more confident and get more of what they want out of others if they dressed the part of a confident, put together women.

No comments:

Post a Comment