Monday, September 3, 2007

Survived week One

Sorry it has taken so long to get around to this.

English I - the kids are really good. I have about 26. They are talkative, but really good. I've already had 2 kids let me know that they would be absent the next day. A cheerleader came in early to start her quiz because she had to leave early for the pep rally. I'm impressed. I am not going to be able to keep up with Lisa's (the other teacher) schedule. She covers so much each day it is crazy and she gives too much homework (read that as stuff I need to grade).

Yearbook - I actually taught all week. I have powerpoints that I got from Jostens when I taught this summer. They are really good. We have a lot of work that needs to be done, but I really want to make sure to cover the basics and be sure the kids really know what they are doing. Mark, a creative accounts manager with Jostens and an all around cool guy came Wednesday and Thursday to work with the editors. I love the fact that he used my promethean board just like a white board, but the cool thing is that I have notes from his visit because I just saved his work when he filled the board. I'd like to add as a side note this is the first time that I have tried to upload video directly to the blog. It is taking freaking forever. It may not even post. grrrr

I thought I was going to get a lot more done this weekend on the book than I did. Friday night my neighbors and I grabbed a bite to eat at the local Mexican restaurant down the way. Gene , on the left , is married to Linda, on the right. They live across the street from me. Emily, in the middle, lives next door. I got a lot done, just not as uch on the book as I thout I would. I took my comforter to the local washateria to be cleaned. I got my laundry done (not at the local washateria.) Mowed the lawn, I'm sure I did other very important stuff too.

But I knew you would want to get caught up with my babies. They all went to the vet last week, and they all got a clean bill of health. I saw Sabrina and Cat sawing logs. Couldn't resist getting a photo. I keep trying to get photos that show how much bigger Sabrina is than Buddy. If I could get a photo of Buddy sliding under her legs when they are chasing each other around, I would do it. But this does kind of show how he is under her. Then, what I call oh aren't they so cute. Buddy looks to Sabrina to see what they should destroy next. Isn't this a great photo????? I took the dogs for a walk Saturday morning. Sabrina got stung by something. Her back foot got all swollen so I took her to the vet. Doesn't she look sad and woebegone? Trust me it didn't last long, although a couple of Benedryl made me think she was about to fall into a coma. I haven't seen her be that still for that long . . . well . . . ever. Open house is tomorrow night. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment