Monday, September 24, 2007

The end of a long day

I can't begin to describe the chaos that was my morning. Sabrina kept barking, so kept having to give her the evil eye, so I finally left hte back door open to make it easier. She left the kitchen long enough for Cat to make his escape. Once I realized he was AWOL, I started looking for him. The terminex guy was coming this morning so I had to make sure everyone was in the house. I thought I had the dogs in the kitchen, but realized that I hadn't shut the doggy door so they went into the yard. Once Sabrina realized I NEEDED her inside, there was no catching her, the game was on.

Finally got the dogs in. Gave up on the cat, gave Emily the cat treats to see if she could seduce him out. (She eventually did).

Got to school, had about 10 kids waiting on me. Had a dept meeting 4th, late (as always) because I was on the phone with a parent.

2:00 My friend Mark showed up to work with the girls on the designs of the book. I was with him until 5pm when I met up with Fred (another English teacher) to go to dinner and the HP book club meeting. I think there are some great books we are considering for this year. I can't wait to start reading!!

I got home after 9pm. My eyes are burning, but the dogs are acting like hooligans.

Tomorrow I'm off again. The sofa is being returned to me in the morning, I am meeting with Shawn about "The Book" at 11am, I'm meeting with a new company about cleaning the house at 2, and I'm trying to get a huge portion of the first deadline done tomorrow. Aiy aiy aiy.

Radio silence with D and D. Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment