Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oh my gosh today has been a nightmare. I mean nothing has gone right. So I took the day off expecting to get a lot done. Not so. I woke up with a headache (that is the dogs fault they were very growlly this morning, and that is just not a pleasant way to start the day.)

Every time I turned around something else was going wrong with school. I had the second half of The Hobbit I was showing today, but, of course, they couldn’t get sound to work on the projection system. I had a guest speaker coming to talk to the photographers in the afternoon- he had the time wrong, so that didn’t happen. I had phone calls all day from the kids about this and that going wrong. I got an email from an asst principal that the make-up photos scheduled to be taken on the cafeteria stage on Thursday were going to be a problem . . . could we reschedule. Aaauhh, no. not so much.

I had maid company 3 scheduled to come by at 3, and a meeting scheduled with Shawn Northcutt at 11. Shawn called at 10 needing to reschedule for 3. Cripes, I guess that did work out because she was able to reschedule for earlier. I just picked up photos from one place and I’m on my way to the next, but I’m early, so I figured I could stop and do this. The lady did look at my house and very politely ask when was the last maid there (that would be less than 7 days ago, although it looks like a bomb went off in the house).

Oh, I guess one other good thing, the redone sofa arrived. It is beautiful!!I am so happy with it. The dogs are no longer allowed in the front room!

At any rate, I will pick up photos, run by school and pick up my thumb drive (that I left stuck in the school computer yesterday afternoon), then down to shawn’s then back to school for the 7pm summer Europe trip with parents (hopefully some will actually show). OK. my life totally sucks.

So, I get to school and they have a new security system so all the doors are locked and it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get in. Grrrr.

So, Kristen stands at one door, and I stand at another. Now, while I am standing at a side door a woman comes up as if to move past me. I ask her if she is there for the Europe meeting. She says no. I tell her that I can't let her in. She gets bitchy and says she comes every week and the door is always blocked open. I tell her the door wasn't blocked open when I came down, and I wasn't letting her in because of all of the new rules and threats of bodily harm for letting people in the building She tries to push past. I block. I close the door and go to the wrestling coaches and they let her in.

In the meantime, no parents show up. Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, think I'm gonna eat some worms.

Then back home. What a butt whipping this day has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment