Saturday, September 29, 2007

Feeling snakebit

Lowlights of yesterday:

I got a phone call from Kevin, the assistant to Shawn Northcutt. Shawn is not only the photographer for the senior class at Highland Park, but also the photographer for the book. In addition he was helping me with the template designs for the pages of The Book (read that as he was doing them.) Kevin called to tell me that Shawn wasn't able to get to them before he went out of town. I literally started crying. I couldn't stop it. It was instantaneous. My plan had me working all weekend like the devil to meet this deadline. I don't know what I am going to do now. I am totally freaked out. Shawn sent a text later in the day to the effect of "when you aren't mad anymore." My response was that I'm not mad, I'm totally stressing.

Without even speaking with Scooby I was once again astounded by his stupidity. For those that don't know Adobe Creative Suites (photoshop and Indesign) is what 90% of the journalism programs in America use. It can be bought for the Mac platform or the PC platform.

The dept chair for technology told me that the school is going to buy a site license for Adobe Creative Suites (PC). Great, I asked if he would find out how much 30 computer licenses for macs would cost. He came back a few minutes later, said he had talked to Scooby and Scoobs thought that you didn't have to buy separately for Mac and PC. I just looked at him dumbfounded. Seriously, to think that Scooby has to be a total freaking idiot.

In addition, I was talking to a teacher who told me he had heard that we really went to town to try to hire Scooby and helped pay for him to live in Highland Park and a bunch of stuff. Huh?? Where did he hear that?? Scooby. Then he told me he had heard that Scooby won all of these awards and was one of the best in the country. Double huh? Yup, heard it from Scooby.

It is Saturday, I had a kid that wanted to come up and get some work done. I thought great, I could get a couple of hours of work done too. Nope, just like last weekend, the server and email are down. It is sooo frustrating!! I could scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment