Friday, September 21, 2007

My letter to D and D

I am still so pissed about the stupid noise complaint that I can't sleep. I woke up about an hour ago (that would be about midnight) and realized I was writing a letter over and over in my head to Dave and Darlene (henceforth to be referred to as the dipshit and the dingdong or d and d.) At any rate I decided maybe if I got up and actually wrote the letter I'd be able to go back to sleep. I'll let you know.

Dear Dave and Darlene,

I was disappointed to receive a letter from the City of Dallas regarding a noise complaint. I was disappointed for two reasons. Dave very clearly said to me that one, he wanted to work through this as good neighbors should, and two, he would not make a call to the City of Dallas. It turns out Dave was disingenuous at best.

However, I was not surprised. It was also clear to me during our meeting on the porch, Wednesday, September 12th that a reasonable solution would not be possible since what you really want is for my dogs to never make any noise. As I have already mentioned, I found this to be particularly ironic and hypocritical since, if your dogs are outside, they are barking.

In fact, another irony occurred as I contacted the City of Dallas to get more information. I heard loud incessant barking. No, not my dogs, yours.

In addition, as I reflect on what I have tried to do and the efforts I have made to be a good neighbor during this time of conflict, I realize that you are not going to appreciate any actions on my part since your expectation is that my dogs should not ever make any noise.

Dave came and spoke to me on the day I hired a service to clean my house. The dogs were kept outside so that the service would be able to clean, however the service was asked to let the dogs in as soon as they completed the cleaning. You contacted the City of Dallas at 7:55 am Wednesday, September 19th. That is the time the cleaning service arrived the following week and was looking for the key to my house.

I suspect that should my dogs bark because my home is being broken into, you are much more likely to contact the City of Dallas to file a noise complaint than to contact the City of Dallas Police Department to report a burglary.

As I study the section of the ordinance that mentions animal noise I see that the hour of the noise is not mentioned.

Animal Noise
Noise made by any animal is considered unreasonable if it continues for more than 15 minutes or exceeds the sound pressure level allowed in a residential district. A person who is disturbed by an animal who unreasonably barks, howls, crows, or makes other unreasonable noise may file a disturbance complaint with Dallas Animal Services, who will mail a notice to the owner.

This being the case, I see no reason for me to try to keep my dogs in the house until a certain hour or past a certain hour as I have been doing. It is all considered the same by the City of Dallas, and all efforts I thus made are to no avail as seen by the complaint.

I do not know what you hoped to gain by this action. It is not in good faith nor is it in a neighborly and cooperative manner. It is aggressive, antagonistic and spiteful.

Signed, moi

No comments:

Post a Comment