Thursday, September 27, 2007

My neighbors the nut cases.

On the plus side, lots of stuff to write about with the crazies next door.

It began innocently enough, Sabrina went to the bathroom last night a little after 10. The dog behind us is still up, so she gave him a shout out. I went out and made her come in. I made the deadly mistake of going to the bathroom. Sabrina, that wicked creature, went back out for one more shout out. I got her in and we all went to bed.

I have the mother of all front motion detector lights. I roll over at about 10:45 and see the motion detector light go out, then I see it go on again. (Mind you the dogs are making no noises.) I get up to check it out and Cat is at the front door. I'm trying to figure out if there is anther cat he is eyeballing. Nope, it is my neighbor, Darline, you know, of Dave and Darlene fame.

She asks me if I knew that the dogs had marked earlier. Yes, I knew, and I brought them inside as soon as I heard them bark.

Hard to remember the order of the rest of it. But let's see . . .

She told me that is was incredibly rude to let my dogs out after 9pm. (I told her NO it wasn't)

She told me that they had an agreement with the former neighbors and they wouldn't let their dogs out after 9pm or before 9pm and not before 10 on weekends. (Seriously?????)

She told me that dogs can hold it for 8-9 hours, and I should read up on it. (I did tell her that it was fine if she practiced animal cruelty, but I was unwilling.)

She told me again that she could not believe I would let my dogs bark so late. At this point I pointed out that two nights ago I was awoken at about 10:30 by her dogs. She said that was not ok. I told her that no it was ok, that's what dogs do, they bark, they get let in, we go back to sleep.

I went through the process of why Sabrina was left outside the 24 hours I went to San Diego before she was being taken to be boarded. That if they had called at any point on Sunday I could have done something, but that at 3am Monday I couldn't do anything, or at 4am Monday.

She told me that my dogs barked all the time. I told her that was interesting since I had started videotaping the dogs recently and there really wasn't any barking. She practically interrupts me to tell me that they have video too. "Really?" I ask. "I would love to see it because I don't know when it is happening. " No answer to that.

She told me that my dogs barked all day Monday and Tuesday. ( I was so shocked, I just looked at her and said, "You are a liar." The terminex people came on Monday and they were locked in the house until 3pm when Emily came by and let them out. I didn't even mention the part about my being home all day on Tuesday and the dogs being inside with me.)

I told her that really all bets were off when they called the city of Dallas because my only obligation at this point was to keep the dogs from barking for 15 continuous minutes. I will give her credit for admitting that they did do it.

She told me that was because when I was talking to Dave I acted like I really wasn't going to do anything. I told her that was because what I heard from him was the same thing I was hearing from her and that was that their expectation was that my dogs would never bark, and I didn't really see that as a possibility. Nooo, that's not what they are saying. Really, what are y'all saying then? Because I'm trying and I'm not getting very far. That's because I'm not doing anything she says. No, I am doing things. I have tried multiple things. She says they really appreciate that I am trying to do things, but that I have to do something about my dogs.

Again I pointed out that they very obviously don't appreciate anything that I have tried to do (She told me that I hadn't done anything.) Later she made a comment about appreciating what I have done, then she later said that I wasn't doing anything again. SHE IS PSYCHOTIC.

I pointed out that I had been Johnny on the spot every time they called about the dogs. They called, I was getting someone to help me get the dogs in.

What else was said. . .

At one point as she was moving towards her home (thank you FINALLY) she said that she really didn't want to have bad relations with her neighbor etc. Whatever.

Of course, then I had trouble sleeping which is even more annoying. That is another point. Until recently, I have really been a 9pm to bed girl. So, the dogs really aren't out late. They go to bed when I do.

At any rate, ended the conversation, go back to bed, and remember that the re-take photographers were supposed to be at school bright and early and I was supposed to be meeting them. So, once again I fed the dogs Benadryl. That is the last time I am doing that. It was just awkward on the heels of the conversation where I tell her that I am trying to get the dogs in by 9 and not out before 7.

I hope I remember it all because this is gonna have to be like my little diary. I have a feeling there will be more. Although right now all I can say is that right now, I am not willing to have any more conversations about the dogs with either one of the wackadoodles next door. There is no point because they are crazy and they are liars.

No comments:

Post a Comment