Sunday, September 9, 2007

My brain is cooking

I didn't make it to church this morning because I was sooooo hot last night that I didn't sleep well, but couldn't get my butt out of bed. I thought it was just hot. Not just hot. Blindingly hot. I mowed the lawn, then took a shower. It made me think of stories my dad tells of living in Aruba. Taking showers and sweating while taking the shower. That was me today.

However, I ran some errands and when I got back to the house it was sweltering. It had moved past blindingly hot, if you can imagine such a thing. As I walked around the house, sweat poured off my brow. Sitting still directly under the fan gives some relieve but not a lot quite frankly.

I must mention, there is a chance (very petite chance) it is because I changed out the thermostat, and I possibly didn't do it correctly, although it looked good to me. Unfortunately the unrelenting heat tells me otherwise. It rained this afternoon (forcing me to keep the dogs in the kitchen only so I don't have footprints EVERYWHERE), and it is now cooler outside than it is in. Which brings up the question, why am I sitting inside.

I've called in a service request. We'll see if I can play coy and not have to confess to having changed out the thermostat. Maybe it really is just a coincidence. It's possible.

On another note, one of the errands I ran was the purchase of a bra. I have to say, it is easy to forget how important a good bra is, that is, right up until you put on a really good bra. What a difference. The girls were filled with happiness, perky, yet comfortable.

Back to the house, I walked into the office at one point to discover one of the shelves over the desk had broken. I'm eyeballing the other two trying to determine if I need to get some of the books off of them or are they ok. on the upside the desk area looks more open now. . .

I may have already mentioned the state of affairs of the house in general (aka total disaster). I decided this weekend that I'm going to hire someone to do the lawn and clean the house for the next 3 months. That has to cut down on at least 3 or 4 hours of procrastination a week. My goal is to have both services arranged this week.

I've been studying my calendar, and I believe I have several days of illness ahead in the month of September. cough, cough. Maybe I can focus and get A LOT done. 'Cause apparently I don't have enough pressure on me yet. Go figure.

I can't function in this heat. What a misery. auuuuggghhhhhh. OK, enough whining. Back to whatever it was I was doing before I was doing this. See, I can't even think clearly. Maybe I'll have a refreshing beverage on the porch. It's after 6 . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment