Monday, September 17, 2007

Craziness

Oh the things that can go wrong in my life. We've been finishing senior ads and I've been dealing with crazy ass mothers for weeks now. They are making me nutty.

Monday I began working on getting a lawn care guy and someone to clean the house. Just until Christmas. That way I can focus on working on the stupid book. For the first week I paid for 4 hours of cleaning, and then after is 3 hours.

Wednesday was wild. The cleaning lady was supposed to be there at 8am, but I got a call that they were running late. Fine, no problem. I raced home at 3pm so that I could meet the a/c man at the house.

I drive up and see two people sitting on the front porch. Turns out it is the cleaning lady and her pre-teen son (maybe daughter, hard to tell). Did I pay for that? I walk in the house, and every room is a mess. I leave and go sit on Emily's porch . . . until after 5.

While sitting on the porch, my neighbor Dave came by. That was a beating. Wanted to talk about the dogs. Basically he wants the dogs to never bark. Turns out, that is not an option. It was a bunch of crap.

I had a meeting at 6pm, but, of course, the a/c man hadn't shown up when I had to leave, so Emily met the guy.

I got home from my meeting and called Emily. Turns out Sabrina escaped from the yard while the guy was figuring out that, yes, indeed, my installation of the thermostat is what caused the problem. Luckily, Emily charmed him, cause he only charged the service fee with explicit instructions to never install anything again. Fiiiinnnneeee.

Friday was another football game. Got home fairly late, but I had my neighbors (the ones that like me) let the dogs in so they wouldn't bark.

Saturday I went to the musical. In an effort to maintain the peace, I gave the dogs benedril to make them sleep. How horrible is that?!

Today I interviewed another guy about someone in the book. He was really interesting. And he gave me lots of info.

No comments:

Post a Comment