Saturday, September 9, 2006

Saturday in the yearbook room

It's that special day of the year called ads Saturday. My sweet ads managers come up to work from 9-1 finishing their ads and taking all of those last minute annie ads from moms that couldn't get their acts together in the spring.

The house is officially sold. Mom is taking an art class this afternoon! How much fun is that. She just might retire after all. Go Mom.

Dinner with some of the Barnabas gang was fun last night. I walked over to Lee's house. He lives about 3 blocks north of the apartment. (Ironically, I taught his son last year in my English class.) We then met up with a couple of others at a mediterranian restaurant off central. We sat around and talked until after 10pm. I think we have an official get together next Friday night; it's a potluck dinner.

I'm going walking with Diane this afternoon. See I can do this because now I live where the people are. I think I might make a run up to Plano to get mail etc. later this afternoon, and tomorrow I'm going to go looking at houses. Keep your fingers crossed that I find something.

Jon-David brought my outdoor glider over to the apartment yesterday, so now I at least have bench seating. I keep looking around trying to figure out what else I can do to make the place more homey, less sad little empty apartment like.

I suppose I should get back to reading The Hobbit and finish grading since I have to have all of my grades entered for progress reports by Tuesday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Weird to think of the house actually sold. But unlike you, I lived in so many houses that I never got that attached to any of them. Still miss the one on DuBois though. That was always the one constant.
    I told Mom I won't believe her about the retirement until she shows up on my doorstep with her suitcase. She has promised a visit one week after "retiring". I figure Nicole will be in high school before that happens.
    Since I never get lengthy commute phone calls, your walking to school is perceived as nothing but good. You won't need your pseudo fat pants before too long.
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not holding my breath either. Of course not feeling the pain of my short walk to school is helped by the fact that you don't ever MAKE lengthy or short commuter calls too.

    ReplyDelete