Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaBlPoMo

Hmm, Day one of National Blog Posting Month. I have nothing interesting to write, and yet, here I sit. With fingertips on keys. With nothing to say.

I'll go with a short pithy story.

When I started my current job, I followed in the footsteps of a woman national known in scholastic journalism. She had basically been fired for things that appeared in the yearbook. It didn't help that I'm pretty sure the principal at the time loathed her.

She threw a pool party for the yearbook students the night before they were meeting me on the first day of school. I really, really don't like her. I think she did a lot of crappy stuff that made my life more difficult because she was pissed at the school.

Recently she started following my school twitter account. Really? Couldn't believe it.

Then I got an email that said she would be coming to visit me last Thursday to talk about the publishing company for whom she now works.

I ignored it. I was busy, I had stuff to do, and I was going to be out Thursday anyway.

Would you believe? She freaking showed up that Thursday. Unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment