Wednesday, November 14, 2012

And in other news

Yesterday, Blondie and I had a moment to chat. It was while we were waiting to get a call back on fixing a computer program that I shouldn't have had to purchase and that we aren't actually in control of, but I digress.

We started talking about dating. I find it to be a beating. People are weird, and when become intimate they become weirder quite frankly. The more you know about someone ...the more you realize the number his parents did on his psyche. Not kidding.

The key, per Blondie, (and I think she may be right) is to date in the here and now. Literally to date for the free meals and, if I'm lucky, mildly interesting companionship. I know that sounds terrible, but to date with any thought of long term is setting oneself up for disappointment.

Once again...it comes down to expectations are a problem. Literally to have expectations is to set oneself up for disappointment. And I'm actually getting pretty good at not having expectations, but I guess they are still there in the back of my mind.

I am the queen of the short term relationship now that I think about it. 3 months IS long term for me. And the ending of the relationships... there's another one that is foolish to expect anything but the worst of behaviors. Let's see... I've been told I'm boring, just had a guy disappear with no call or anything, been dumped via text (fairly recent with the side of it's not you it's me, and you deserve better. Come on now, you can do better than THAT).

I wonder if there is a form I could make potentials fill out. Like a contract of good behavior. THEN my minimal expectations would be listed out. No surprises, no questions. Just this is a minimum standard of good manners if you want a piece of this ; )

Gotta go...I'm starting my contract...




No comments:

Post a Comment