Monday, August 13, 2007

Sabrina has a Buddy

Well, much to Mom and Dad's horror I got Sabrina a little buddy, and his name is Buddy. Isn't that an adorable face? He is about 1/2 the size of Sabrina. He has the webbed toes of a lab, but I have no idea of what else is in him. He is about 10 months old, so he is basically the same age as Sabrina (she is 9 months). Sabrina and I met him about two weeks ago when he was at an adoption fair in front of a shop on Henderson Ave. I got him through Paws in the City. They are serious about their process. Yesterday, Kimberly came and did a "Home visit". Checked the place out, asked a bunch of questions. Then I had to go to the Pet Store with her as she discussed food and what makes a good food vs a bad food and what toys were good vs bad etc . I was exhausted at the end of it. Can you imagine if people had to go through this before they were allowed to have children??
After all of that Laura, the girl that had fostered Buddy, came over with Buddy. In the photo below she is trying to keep them calm for a minute so that we could get a photo. I even got video! They played so much last night (even after I had turned the lights out and told them goodnight!) that I finally had to put Buddy in the utility room. He only cried for a couple of minutes . Today I left them both outside in the morning since only Sabrina has a doggy door opener. I ordered a second, so hopefully it will come in some time this week. This afternoon I am working, and happy, happy, joy, joy they are both sleeping. Mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment