Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Notable moments of the week

Tues: I met with the boys. Have I mentioned what a beating they can be? At least I got them to agree to create a ladder. That will help me immensely.

Tues pm: Met with most of the editors. I think they are on board. So we will have one group working from 10-1 and another from 4-7. Sucks for me, but at least they are ready to work.

Wed: up at 5:30 to walk the dogs. Wanted to yak the whole time. Crack of dawn and so hot and humid, it was disgusting!

Wed: Interviewed Angus Wynne. I had down that we were to meet at the Stoneleigh Hotel which it turns out is under renovation. I was quite flummoxed, so I went across the street to the Stoneleigh P which is a restaurant. He shows up about ten minutes later. Turns out that is where we were supposed to meet, but he had it down as four and I had it as three. I can't believe that it actually worked out! He was really nice and I enjoyed getting to talk with him.

Thurs: Up at 5:30, but back to bed for an hour. I'm not fond of 5:30. I finally started cleaning out my office at school. Yikes what a mess.

Fri: Tried for the 3rd and final time to be up at 5:30. There is no getting around it. 5:30 is the crack of dawn, and I don't want to be up that early. Went back to sleep until 6:30. A much more dignified and respectable hour. I can do 6:30.

I had lunch with Pam! She is really skinny but doing soooooo much better. Her doctor told her last Friday that not only had the tumors shrunk. . . they were gone!! Holy Cow. She is still doing chemo just to be sure, but how cool is that?! She too has read Eat, Pray, Love. Such a great book. When I get it back from MB, I will pass it along to whomever wants it next . . . speak up if you want it next.

It is 8:07 and both puppies are laying at my feet. My eyes are burning, and I'm ready for bed. (It's all those attempts at being up at 5:30 that have messed me up.) I had planned to mow in the morning, but it has been raining all evening, so I'm not sure that is going to work out for me. Rats. I have to be at school by 10, maybe I'll do a little house cleaning or I could be really edgy and work on the book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment