Monday, August 13, 2007

Getting back in the Swing of things

Yesterday I got up bright and early and went to the 7:30 service. Then I walked Sabrina, mowed the lawn and worked on The Book.

Met Kimberly and then Laura and Buddy came over.

That is an exciting Sunday.

I tried to get up bright and early this morning, but I was having difficulties. I did drag my butt out of bed and eventually managed to walk the dogs. They did great except for one small incident when Sabrina was so excited about visiting Hank, and Buddy was excited because Sabrina was excited. They pulled so hard I fell down and went boom. Small gash in the knee. I wasn't going to include a visual aid, but it looks so disgusting I had to. ewwww yucky.

After that I headed over to Childress Fabrics to take the material I'm using to have Grandmama's sofa reupholstered. I was able to go back and see the repair job on the back leg. It is amazing. You can't tell that the leg had been broken at all.

At any rate, they said it would take about four weeks to get it all fixed up. It is going require extensive repairs, so I'm not surprised. Another fun note is that the guy at the fabric store said that this type of sofa is a Duncan Phyfe. (They are named after the guy that originally made them and quite valuable these days!) Not that I would sell it, but still nice to know. I found an old picture that has the sofa in the corner.

I also went up to school to start working on getting all of my kids in the right periods. That is always a pain. I did find out that I have English I 1st period and yearbook 2, 3, 6 and 7.

Now I am back home getting organized for tomorrow. School may not officially start until next Monday, but if the number of emails I'm dealing with regarding school are anything to go by, I'm already behind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment