Thursday, December 14, 2006

What a day I tell you

Although I could have slept in a little bit, I went ahead and got up early this morning. I actually did better than I've done in a while. Of course when I finally got my act together to get on the road, I couldn't find my keys anywhere. After a 15 minute search, I found them.

I headed up to Collin County Community College for a presentation by Victoria Young, the director of something or another with TAKS. The lady presenting Victoria Young was from region X. Her name was Jan Moberly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of you may not realize why this is worthy of so many exclamation points, others, such as MaryBeth will immediately brighten knowing that was our 5th grade teacher!!!!!!!!!!!! How cool is that. I almost fell out of my chair. MB - she told me to tell you hi.

I didn't realize my friend Skip was going to be there. That was nice, since he sat beside me we were able to chat a bit. Our chat included his asking me if I'll chaperone the Europe trip!! Whoopee. Look out Deborah Long Clack: I'm back and I'm bad and looking to sleep with you baby ; ) You say quiet time, I say . . . nothing. : )

I almost forgot about the Leadership Lens (newsletter that I'm responsible for). I ended up calling my first period back at school and getting some kids to go pick up the newsletter from the print shop then running around the district to get copies to all the different schools. Yeah for yearbook students. I am bummed that I missed two of my classes today. So I didn't get to wish them Merry Christmas or anything!

At any rate, after the day of learning (yuck, who wants to do that) I headed home to let Eva out. It was such nice weather that I just tossed her keister right out the back door. Takes a little pressure off of me to be home immediately. That helps since I may run by Diane's (she's making tacos. It's like fast food only home made : )

I'm at school now working with the kids signing off on spreads. They really are amazing and fabulous. It's so much fun this year. I love it. The three silly girls are my editors-in-chief. Georgia, Kristen and Scholle. They are beasts, and I am very proud of how hard they are working. The list on Kristen's shirt is the pages in the batch of proofs that they just finished to be mailed to the plant. I have no doubt the wicked people at the plant will send proofs to us right before we leave for the holidays just to mess with our heads.

I don't have any exams that I am giving tomorrow which is nice, since I have some essays to grade and a bunch of other stuff I have to get done.

The alarm company is coming back to my house tomorrow afternoon because when the alarm goes off at my house, it doesn't actually make noise. I would prefer if someone breaks into my home that a very loud siren signaling trouble for all my neighbors goes off. I'll be looking for some assistance from the homi's in the hood.

A new and different a/c company will be coming out. Hopefully they will come up with a better explanation for what the heck is going on my heating. Otherwise, I'll be stuck paying them $55 for their little visit to confirm the previous stupid diagnosis.

Ok, back to the children. I'm ready to start shooing them out the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment