Saturday, December 16, 2006

Mean Girls and Boys

So much for the season of love. Yesterday I left school early to get home and meet the alarm dude and the heating guy. Alarm now functions properly and all neighbors should come running if the sucker goes off.

Heating guy checked things out. He looks in the middle bedroom and asked if anyone sleeps in there. (Good questions considering the mattresses are torn asunder and there is a pallet is on the floor covered in clothes from the armoire I'm trying to organize.) I told him yes, I did. He suggested it might be very cold in there since the REGISTER is closed. AH HA I told you the last explanation was crap. So, he opened the register. He also looked in the attic, took pictures, said the insulation looked fine. The only problem he saw is that there are four ducts leaving the heating unit. The shortest and closest (the living room) is the hottest. The bedrooms are off of one that is long and windy, so he suggested closing the vents on the other side of the house to push the air to the bedrooms. Luckily because the first guy missed the closed register, I didn't have to pay for the second visit. Yea heating guy.

In the meantime, when I call the kids one of my editors says she needs to talk to me. I get back to school and find out one of my staffers was a total jerk to her. Incredibly rude and disrespectful with a room full of staffers around. I called him asked if we could meet Monday morning at 8am (He doesn't have an exam until Monday afternoon) and let him go. I know, I have a mean streak. Within ten minutes he called one of the other editors sounding particularly nervous. He knew his butt was in trouble. Then he called and left a message for the eic that he was mean too. Really is a shame. He's a nice guy, but a repeat offender in the I'll be a total jerk and then apologize sweetly later to make it ok. Sadly for him, he is being horrible to the person that determines if he is on staff next year. Not wise.

Then I find out from a senior editor that she walked in the room as a section editor was making fun of her. GEEEEZZZ people. Can't we stick to making fun of people outside of the yearbook room. Jeepers, there are plenty.

I attended a party last night. Put on some jeans that actually caused pain when zipped. Unable to sit down. Left at about 9pm so I could get home, since my dang dedicated editors decided that they needed to work from 8-2.

Weather has been amazing lately. 70-80 I like it! I may even rake leaves when I get home. Speaking of which, I have finally hit bulk trash pick-up week. I thought it was last week, but a friendly note in my door with the correct week highlighted let me know I was wrong. So Diane helped me drag all my stupid trash back to the drive way and last night I dragged it all back to the front lawn. So, if I get the leaves raked, they will actually be taken away.

Don't know if anyone else is counting down to Christmas, but I'm counting down knowing I haven't gone shopping yet. Eye. . . tick . . . getting . . . worse . . . whole . . . head . . . starting . . .to . . . .twitch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fran is off from work this week, so ironically I haven't gotten to talk to her at all. Probably why I never get to talk to Monica, she doesn't have a damn job. (Although you are an icon of a girl not getting paid to be busy as hell, at least I get paid.)

Well, the girls have begun to arrive, so off I go. Oh, in case you haven't figured it out. I haven't sent out Christmas cards either. Those will be late too. They could be up to a year late, so don't hold your breath or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment