Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas Part II

Not feeling kind thoughts toward the blogger people. This is becoming a total holiday buzz buster. But, I forge ahead.

Ok, so I drove up to spend Christmas Eve with Tread and Cindy. Weather wise, it was yucky. Rained the whole way up and back. However, the sun set a few minutes after I got there, and as you can see, it was beautiful. Then it rained.

I'm all proud of myself because I manage to make it there without getting lost (a Christmas miracle in and of itself) and I baked a rum cake and brought a fun Christmas decoration that lit up. Seriously, I had done no shopping. I've been a little shut in, but I had found something I thought would be cute at the farm. It, of course, did not light up once I was there. Typical. I wanted to beat it with a sledge hammer. Another holiday buzz buster if you ask me.

Cindy's mom had made enchilada's. They were yummy. Feliz Navidad.

The cast of characters included: Cindy on the far left, Craig(works for them, his family is in Florida so he doesn't always get to go home), Tread, Kaleigh (their oldest), Cindy's mom, and Tiffany (sorry, just the back of her head.) Other characters from left to right are the boar's head sporting the Santa hat, deer head sporting other head gear and the flying duck. (Luckily he only has one room in their main house.) For Christmas to show how much he cares he gave Cindy a machete. Cause nothing says I love you like a sharp blade. So many jokes come to mind here.

Cindy has the biggest heart in the world. She got me several presents so I would have some to open too. It was obvious she put thought into each gift too. It warmed the cockles of my heart. I am a lucky girl. Not so lucky I got a machete for Christmas, but I know someone with one if I ever need to borrow it.

It was a great evening. I'm really glad that I went. It was a holiday buzz and a half : )

No comments:

Post a Comment