Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas Part III

Soooo, have you ever done something you know you are going to have to confess to, but you really don't want to because you know everyone you talk to is going to tell you that you are an idiot? Maybe you haven't, but I have. A lot. It really stinks cause there you are repeating your little tale to one person after another. But then there was the internet and soon after that the blog. God's gift to the chicken. I can tell you with great amusement Mom is turning pale at this moment trying to figure out what the hell I've done. I'm just sorry I can't get video. ha. ha kidding.

So, at any rate, back to doing foolish things. At this moment, I'm sure the window is wide open. Good grief, what has she done. Welllll, a funny thing happened on the way to Roseanne's the other night. My friend Burgundy called. (That's not the funny part.) She has this half-lab, half-boxer mix named Champ. He is a great dog, but he gets lonely. She found some of these pups that she wanted to go see. I told her no firmly. (Mom is starting to sweat here, I can tell.) Well, I have the same voice control over Burgundy that I do over Eva. Deborah might be thinking to herself I really need to get myself into that boundaries class and learn how to set limits. This is ridiculous.

So, she came by and picked me up to go look at the puppies with her. The good news is that I didn't want a lab/boxer puppy. I wanted a Doberman. The fun part of the evening is that a former Miss USA was the proud owner of the mama of the many pups. I know this because she had a trophy big enough to swim in. Don't you think for Miss USA they could give more delicate gifts?

Back to the story. So, we looked at the puppies and left. Ha. Got you. Silly people you think I walked away with a puppy. Not me, I'm stronger than that.

But, on the other hand, it is totally morbid to be standing around waiting for Eva to die to get a puppy. And my friend Rod's dogs died recently at 18 - that is two more years people. And if I want a dog to being a guard dog, then it is silly to just wait and wait. Eva already pees and poops wherever the hell she wants to, now is the time. And there is a dog park near my house. I could socialize the dog, socialize myself, meet some nice rich doctor with a dog. Really, if I got a dog I would be doing it for Mom. (Ha, didn't see that one coming didcha'?)

Well, Burgundy (hence forth to be known as "that girl" for those searching for someone to blame for this insanity, after all I am an innocent victim.) and I went back to the home of Roxy and the puppies. Burgundy is on the left. She is holding a puppy originally named fight face that kept going to her. They say the best pets are the ones that pick you out, and I certainly wasn't going to let her walk out of there without a puppy. That wouldn't have been right. Especially since I didn't quite manage to make it out of there the second time without a puppy. Somebody, smelling salts for Mom.
Since Burgundy already had Champ, and she wasn't sure of how he would do greeting the newest addition to the family, I said that I would take hers to my house too. So we made introductions all around. Eva did impressively well. She actually tried to play with them for a few minutes. It didn't take long before she was playing follow the leader. Sure, to some of you it may look like she running as if the hounds of hell are on her heels, but she was having a lovely time.
Cat, on the other hand, was not pleased. I have to tell you I was surprised. He always acts like dogs are no big deal. He has spent quite a bit of time staring longingly out the door since the arrival. Did I mention that it has been raining the whole time and quite nasty? Longingly I tell you, longingly.
So when Burgundy's pup, the adventurer and general ring leader headed out to check things out I snapped a few photos. Who am I kidding? I have taken more photos in the last 3 days than I have in my entire life. That includes the trip to Europe. Where I took a freaking lot of pictures. Notice how the frisky monkey walks right under the bed. She's a purse puppy, at least for the next couple of days . . . In the meantime, my two slept like babies. oops. Did I forget to mention that part? Roseanne said it isn't necessary to have dogs the way you have shoes, but I find everything is nicer in pairs. Aren't they adorable? We have had a tough time working on names. We were hoping for triplet names since they are litter mates and they will hopefully get to play together a lot. We finally settled on Eliza, Holly and Sabrina. . . did you get the connection? Just so you know Sabrina is on the left (Burgundy's) and Eliza is to the front and Holly to the back. Ok well, my work here is through. Hope everyone is having a very merry Christmas. I've got to get back to my puppies.

My bad. I almost forgot to add. Yes, I am crazy. No, I don't know what I am doing. Yes, they are keeping me up at night. Ok, we're good here. TaTaForNow

No comments:

Post a Comment