Thursday, December 21, 2006

Isn't Christmas Monday?

I'm just curious. I have no chance of actually getting my shopping etc done by then, so I'm choosing to not focus on the little details.

Terminex came by and a lovely man sprayed the snot out of my home, gave a warning about the possibility of American roaches coming out of hiding to die (they can't be like elephants and go off to die alone?!?!), yes, American, much better than German. Who knew?

However, a couple of hours later I am realizing I may have to spend the night elsewhere. The roaches are coming out of the woodwork - literally. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. I am soooo grossed out. Who is going to pick up all of the dead roaches????? Where is DAD??????

The bed man came. He laid out his plan to take the sideboard and bring it back some time next week, unless I had company coming and might need the bed. I'm quite certain I had a look of horror on my face as I swallowed and very politely mentioned that, in fact, that was the only bed in the house, I'd been sleeping on the floor for 3 weeks, and, golly, it would be swell to have the bed sooner. Ah, the power of guilt. Thanks Mom.

He'll be back tomorrow with the fixed board to put the bed together. Thank heavens!

Yesterday, an architect came to discuss options with the house (I can hear Mom sucking air - no worries just talking, don't freak). I had one contractor come this morning and another should be here in a little bit. I'm sure they will all tell me different things. grrr. But at least I am getting some research done on the process.

I've begun building shelves in the front closet. With any luck, at least this room will be organized before I return to school. Not holding my breath on the rest of the house.

I did go see The Holiday. Very adorable. Everyone should see it. I am reinstituting Monday night movie night. Ann and I were discussing we are very behind on our movie watching (something about not seeing a minimum of 52 movies a year.) Actually considering the beverages of choice for MNMN our livers are probably in better shape than they were last year at this time. ha ha

MaryBeth and I are going to run the Christmas White Rock Marathon next year. Don't ask why, just nod and wish us luck. I'll be lucky not to hawk up a lung before next Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment