Thursday, October 4, 2007

Something Fun and then thought provoking . . .

My friend, Pam Colley, popped into my room this morning. I had forgotten she was subbing for one of the librarians today and tomorrow. What a fun surprise! We got to have lunch together and chat. It was sooooo nice. Now I'm excited about tomorrow too!

We talked for a little bit about a student I have that is having all sorts of problems. He doesn't feel like he has friends and lunch is a bad time for him. We had a teacher conference last Friday with him and his mom. It made me think about two things.

One. Just how much I hated high school. Most teachers teach because they loved high school. It is truly ironic that I am a teacher considering how desperate I was to get out. I've joked about it before, but if I really think about it, it is amazing. Which led me to thought two.

If Pam hadn't been my French teacher and allowed me to eat lunch with her every day. I'm not sure I would have made it out of high school. I definitely didn't have anyone I hung out with by the time I hit high school. I was so totally miserable most of the time.

At any rate, it is interesting to think about. She was my angel. All I could tell that kid was the best part of hating high school was knowing when you got out, the worst was behind you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment