Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Yearbook staff and Photos

Most of the yearbook staff, I tried to put the names of the editors on their shirts, but I doubt it is readable.
Voila. One prairie style house built in 1921. Some characteristics of the prairie style house (revolutionized by Frank Lloyd Wright) are low pitched roof, overhanging eaves, horizontal lines, central chimney, open floor plan, rows of small windows, one story projection. We've studied the house, and I think there was a second chimney in the middle of the house that is hidden behind walls.


So the one on the left is of the living room. The big area rug stays and the fireplace is on the far right. You can see the legs of Mr. Johnson the seller of the house. It is a nice size living room, but I haven't quite figured out how the furniture is going to fit. I'm pretty certain I will be having a great garage sale. The walls throughout the house are peach and they have thick texturing on them. Yuck.

The photo on the left is of the front bedroom. Lots of windows very bright, I'm probably going to put the sewing machine, my desk and stuff like that in it. There is carpet in the bedrooms but wood floors underneath. Probably won't be able to go to town on the floors immediately, but I'm looking forward to when I can.

I don't know if he is leaving all of the sheers or not. There are two for every window, so even if they stay, I'm going to not have so many. They are also at a very odd length, so I'll probably shorten them so they fit the windows properly

In the dining room , you can tell it is shaped funny. That is because a bathroom was added at some point and it was put right in the dining room. You can see the door to the bath room on the left side of the photo. The kitchen is at the back of the house. The kitchen is big, but it needs to be updated. That will be low on my priority list.

I haven't included any photos of the bathrooms because they are both bad. High on the list of things to be fixed.

There was lots of stuff laying around, so I'm hoping he will have taken all his crapola before closing. He is leaving the fridge, washer and dryer. So more stuff for the garage sale. The yard is a nice size. I'm looking forward to getting to weed. Hopefully before it gets too dang cold. My plan is to clean this weekend (did I mention it is also homecoming?) and the storage pods will be delivered Wednesday. Thursday I've taken off to start unloading said PODS.

Hope you like the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment