Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Half way through . . .

I met the real estate boys at lunch. They said the contract looked ok, it was with the lawyers getting cleaned up. Is it possible they are really going to pay me an exorbitant sum of money to write this book? Yippee.

Yesterday afternoon right after school, I picked up Shari so she could borrow my car to go to her son's football game. First, we had to run by the house to let Eva out. Thank heavens she likes St Augustine grass because she got to spend the evening on it!

By 4:30 Shari had dropped me off at the Souper Salad near the cult. My plan was to get all of my college recs written. I didn't quite make that goal, but I did get several of them written. I finally got stumped on one with a kid I've taught for four years, but hasn't exactly made the kind of impression schools want to hear about. This could be tricky.

MaryBeth called at about 6pm or so . . YEA! We were able to talk for a while. We're beginning to hit the time of the year when people in the military play chess with their lives. . . will they go here, will they go there, will someone take them by surprise and make them a pawn. It could be stressful if we weren't such old hands at this game. More news as it arrives.

Cult was good. I think we only have a week or two left and then we "graduate". Don't worry though. There are other cult programs I can sign up for next. Of course since one of my goals is to not sign up to do everything in the world, it could be a problem. . . hmmmm.

I didn't get home until 9pm and then I ran around for an hour getting things done including setting up a heater and a humidifier in my bedroom so I don't freeze my hiney off. It worked pretty well. I was able to get out of the bed when the alarm went off rather than huddling under the blankets for as long as possible.

Monday I had issues with my socks and underwear riding up and down (you figure out which was doing what) unfortunetly I think I may have set myself up for the same kind of long day of unhappiness again. Crap.

I just looked at the calendar and realized I have to be out of the apartment by tomorrow. I am mostly out, but I haven't emptied the fridge (I think Jon-David thought he was doing a good thing when he brought stuff over from his mom's house . . . however, it might all end up in the trash at the rate I am going.) I also haven't swept etc. . . Maybe I can do that after I run home take care of the animals and come back before Anchee Min gives her talk at 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment