Tuesday, October 24, 2006

This week is going to be a killer

Yesterday evening I had book club. So I had to run home let Eva out. (Good news is she likes the yard, so I just left her out there.) Got back to school I thought with enough time to get some work done. Scooby Doo came by, and that was the end of that. I went to Cafe Express with Fred and Jack (English teachers and book club members). Book club was at the UP library because it was on the book Red Azelea by Anchee Min. (Note to Monica and Fran, book about communist China, not a book of recipes. ha ha ha ha ha hahaha.)

I didn't get home until after 10. Today, I have my English team meeting 4th, then I am meeting the NTCAR boys (real estate table top book committee) to discuss the contract maybe? Tonight I have cult activities. Tomorrow Anchee Min speaks to the community and then there is a supper at the Hunt's house. (Parents in the community)

Thursday I have plans to go over to my friend Burgundy's (she lives in funky town - where I was orginally looking for a place.) Friday I am deliciously free, but Saturday is the Hi-lites dance, so I'll be looking for drunks!

In the meantime, parents have been pushing for some type of course on the Bible to be taught at HP. They basically have agreed to do it. I went to Marta (assistant principal with a deep desire to screw with me any chance she can get, but unfortunetly in charge of curriculum and the English department chair at the moment.) At any rate, I said I wanted to teach it. She told me I had to propose a new course (even thought they already know they are going to offer it?) and get the English department support? (I don't remember ever having to do that before.) So, being a good girl I sent the email. Lordy, lordy did THAT start some kvetching. The department meeting on Friday should be fun.

My student that is now in ISS for sending emails from my computer is supposed to be getting work from me of some sort, but I have not had the time to sit down and come up with something and get it all together to take down. I'm actually feeling rather put upon by all of this.

Last, but not least, my stupid eye tick is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment