Monday, October 16, 2006

Getting ready for the move

Sadly, the first part of getting ready for the move includes cleaning. ugh. As it turns out there is a lot of dirt in that house. I took all of the sheers down and started washing them. I'm putting them through twice because the water is so dirty in the washer after the first run, they can't possibly be clean.

I've cleaned most of the baseboards and doorways etc. I cleaned the main bathroom. The two front bedrooms are vacuumed and steam cleaned. Diane, that fabulous girl, came over Sunday afternoon and started working on the kitchen. Every time I went into the kitchen I got overwhelmed, turned around and left.

Friday night was the homecoming football game. Once again we just killed the other team. The boys are going to be in no way prepared to play a hard team for finals at the rate they are going.

I got incredibly annoyed with 2 of the other game monitors. They were standing on either side of a lady trying to watch her baby boy get patched up after an injury on the field. The mother had a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old running amok on the stands. I had to go over and corral the boys so THEY wouldn't end up damaged. Both of the monitors just kept standing there. Grrrr.

Saturday I cleaned. Jon-David came over and brought cleaning supplies, although we still had to make a run to Home Depot. We ate lunch at a place near the house called Kitchen 1924. It was misleading. The sign on the window that said Daily Specials lured us in for what we thought was good cheap food. This place was so pretentious the only tea they had was vanilla; and it tasted weird.

Got back to the house and then Mom and Dad came by to check the house out. As they were leaving my friend Burgundy and her mom came by. When they left, I had to run to the dry cleaners to get the clothes I planned on wearing to homecoming. So, all in all, I really didn't get much done.

The dance was fun. I was in the front collecting the ballots for queen, so I was unable to catch all of the silly drunks. The fire alarm went off at about 11pm. That was crazy. It was a real alarm, but they weren't sure of what caused it. So, after evacuating the dance and standing around for about 15-20 minutes everyone charged the place so that they could get their t-shirts from the dance of all things. (Every dance gives out a t-shirt as part of the price of going to the dance. The kids love their t-shirts. Weird.) On the upside, the dance was pretty much over at that point, so we got to leave a little early.

Sunday morning I went to the 9am service in the chapel of Incarnation. Another church service gone bad. Not as bad as the chapel at St. Michael's, but still just not right. The music is modernized? I think there is an electric guitar. I don't know, but not my favorite. I'll try the main church next week. After church, I went over to Ann's to go with her to Kerygma (the teaching service focusing on the book of John) at 11am.

I didn't get over to the house until almost 2, but Sunday was much more productive. It rained like cats and dogs most of Sunday. I took Eva out this morning and most of the front yard at the apartments was under water. It was a quick potty break.

So, I'm at school. I have a headache. I don't want to do anything, yet, as always, I have a ton to do. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment