Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday evening at home

Names have been changed to protect the innocent and guilty alike.

OK, so Friday's department meeting went pretty well. Before it started I told "teacherA" I didn't appreciate the email he sent to the department that ended with "fools rush in where angels fear to tread" . . . me being the fool. I also told teacherB that I wanted to reassure her my Masters was not in "patchwork quilting". It actually was funny.
The principal was in the meeting (I had already told him what I planned on doing, and he was ok with it.) After the meeting several people went by the principal's office. He told them all it thought it was great. That I spoke well, and it was about time that complaints came from within the dept rather than the principal or asst principal talking to the dept and then them kvetching about the administration.

Friday 7th period a student brought in a HUGE bouquet of flowers (I could include a photo, but the camera was stolen with my bag.) She said it was from the Bagpipe staff because they heard I had a hard week. (Now, this is how Scoobie Doo is smarter than the Penguin ever was.)

After school he comes by my office to say he has some questions. Since he doesn't drink, and he doesn't teach any English classes he feels uncomfortable in the meetings and what can he do. Really? I told him he should show up to meetings, even if he doesn't have anything to say. So very annoying.

So, Friday evening I ended up meeting Ann and Mike at the Tipperary Inn (Irish Pub) near my house.

Saturday I took the cable boxes up Plano to return them. Ran by 2137 to say hi to Mom and Dad, got home, took a little nap, then went to the Hi-lites dance.

The dance was good. There were no children caught for drinking. I've either lost my edge or they really were being good. (I'm hoping they were really being good.)

I got up this morning for 9am service at Incarnation. I was quite perplexed when I arrived early and the service was in progress . . . hmmmm. Turns out it was daylight savings time. So, I was done with church quite early. I went over to Ann's at about 10:30 to go to the Karygma service at her church.

This afternoon I was a beast. I got so much done. I rearranged the front bedroom, moved the love seat in, the daybed out, and I finally ironed my clothes.

I moved all of the blankets etc out of the master bedroom. I emptied the two plastic containers of clothes. I got rid of the fan blades. It made me nervous that it would get turned on and hurt the bed.

I emptied some of the boxes in the kitchen, and then broke down all the empty boxes and put them in the garage. I moved the litter box from the front bathroom to the breakfast room. Progress is slow but sure.

I'm supposed to be writing college recs right now, but inspiration hasn't struck me. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment