Monday, October 23, 2006

Too much time has passed


How can I possibly catch everyone up? Well, the 5 pods of my belongings arrived Wednesday. Jon-David had to meet the truck because I was stuck giving the PSAT at school. I slept on the living room floor that night listening closely in case anyone attempted to steal my stuff. As it turns out, no one wanted it.

Thursday I took off from school and worked madly unpacking as much as I possibly could. The phrase of the day became "back bedroom" which is where I put everything that I didn't specifically have a space planned. It was quite a bit of stuff. Diane came over in the afternoon and helped a ton.

Friday was back to school. I got a little done Friday night, but no where near as much as I had wanted to get done. To the right are three dogs. The two in the foreground I think are visitors. Look in the back, on the steps, that little weiner dog . . . coco is her name . . . is a hellion. I mean a barker. Not occasionally, not sometimes, all of the freakin time. I'm choosing to be charmed by her, but things may get ugly. Coco is my next door neighbor, sure people live in the house, but they have not made their presence known in quite the same fashion as Coco. In fact, there is a chance that they are deaf, otherwise they surely would have ripped poor Coco's vocal cords out long before now.

Saturday morning I picked up the U-Haul truck at 7:30. Started at the apartment. Diane met Jon-David and I and we took the bed apart and emptied the apartment. Then Jon-David and I headed over to the storage unit. A fine packing job if I do say so myself. Got all of that out and then headed over to Mom and Dad's. Fran was there working on mom's computer, so I got to give her the ceramic fish from the garage sale. Good thing she has a sense of humor, because those fish are just funny looking.

Roseanne and Drew came over at 2. We were beasts; all of the heavy stuff was unloaded and in the house shortly after three. Then two of my friends from the cult came over, John and Shari. Shari brought her daughter Montana (a pistol I tell you, a pistol.)

As some of you may remember, I packed my stuff using lots of bubble wrap and plastic wrap. I have to tell you, the stuff worked great. So, loads of it was being thrown in the trash. At one point we sent Montana out to get it, so we could cover stuff that would go in the attic. Montana did a small bubblewrap fashion show before handing it up to her mother on the ladder behind her!

They helped get stuff arranged and finish up moving some of the awkward stuff in. The big green sofa ended up in the garage, and the love seat ended up in the dining room. Hmmm.

Later, as I continued to figure out where stuff should go, they started working on the living room. I thought they did a lovely job, and Eva seemed happy with it, so it stays. (See photo below.)

Diane continued to work in the kitchen. She is a blessing I tell you.

Sunday, I got up to go to church. Hunted around for a warm top, looking, looking, looking. Finally, found what I was after. Theeeeennnnn I started looking for the right pair of shoes, looking, looking, looking. Finally gave up and said screw it. God obviously wanted me to stay at the house and clean! The dining room has boxes around the area rug because it has been wrapped in my attic for the last three years, so the edges all curl up. Trying to fix that. The hoosier cabinet is in the kitchen. Looks like it belongs doesn't it? As you can tell, I haven't put the same interest in cleaning the kitchen as I have other parts of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment