Thursday, January 21, 2010

A stolen post

ChaCha has been reading Vanity Fair's Proust Questionnaire. It's a collection of all the questionnaires that appear on the last page of the magazine. She snagged it cause she thought was interesting. "The questionnaire is a late-19th century parlor game, and the book is all sorts of famous folks' answers. Some of them are hilarious, some overwrought, others just the right amount of thoughtful."

So, I'm doing it too and suggesting you steal from me . . .

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Slurpee in one hand, holding the hand of Mr. Potential with the other, by water. . . yup. Sounds good to me.

What is your greatest fear?
Someone I love dying without me having said I love you first.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Quick,quick temper.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Ingratitude. - Cha Cha said this, but I second it, so I'm leaving it.

What is your favorite journey?
I love going on the senior class trip each year to Europe. The kids are always fun, happy and so excited to be embarking on the next part of their journey through life that their happiness is contagious.

On what occasion do you lie?
I work very hard to not lie ever. I will sit silently or divert the conversation if humanly possible. I won't lie to protect myself, but I will evade the truth to protect someone's feelings.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Oh, my, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (you figure out what that stands for . . .) Chitlins,

Which living person do you most despise?
No one, although I have quite a list of people that annoy the ever loving shit out of me.

What is your greatest regret?
The times I didn't say the really hard stuff that needed to be said but no one ever wants to say because people don't always want to hear the truth even when it needs to be said and heard.

Which talent would you most like to have?
The ability to make people feel at peace just being around me. You know people like that right? You just feel better after being with that person. I wish I had that talent.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Worrier. I worry about everything. I'm pretty certain its an inherited thing, and I don't think most people even know, but nevertheless, I worry. A lot.

What is it that you most dislike?
roaches. eeeekkkkk, pumping gas,

What is your most treasured possession?
I can tell the story behind almost every thing in my house. From whom it came, when I got it etc. So, stuff has meaning for me, I'm not sure I could choose.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Grief. What about Hate? Such misery to be filled with hate. . .

What is your most marked characteristic?
I have no idea. Right now the kids might say high standards with a side of demanding, but that is because we are working like dogs to finish the yearbook. . . never quitting? Honesty.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Integrity ... and a sense of humor. Cha Cha nailed it again. Honesty, loyalty, intelligence

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
same as above.

What do you most value in your friends?
Honesty. My friends keep me on track and focused on what's important in life.

How would you like to die?
Quickly, unaware if possible

What is your motto?
Live your life in such a way so that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan says, "Oh, Shit, she's awake."

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Your answers are awesome!

    It's a fun quiz, isn't it? I feel like I got to know myself more by filling it out. Now, I get to know you better, too!

    ReplyDelete