Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Shingles

Monday morning one of my poor editors tells me her tale of woe. She had gone to tan a couple of times and although she did not have a burn, she had "bubbling" on her skin. It didn't look good. It almost looked like poison ivy. So I made her go down to the nurse's office.

The nurses asked her what class they were writing a pass for her to return to. She told them mine. They looked at each other and told her that it was not contagious except to people who had not had chicken pox, and I was the only teacher in the building who had not had chicken pox. hmmm.

Let me clarify. Monica got chicken pox when I was 2mo old. She did give it to Fran (she's a giver) and I think my says I got a bump or two.

So, my other two editor-in-chiefs came in this morning. One is whiney as all get out cause she partied all weekend and still hasn't caught up on her sleep. The other is a insomniac, so she didn't sleep but she is freaky chipper. I can't decide which is worse.

P.S. Turns out the tanning has nothing to do with the shingles in case you were worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment