Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Houston

Survived Monday's inservice. Thought I would poke my eyes out it was so damn boring. Photoshop class. Not good. We started school late because of the weather. I had to take a blow dryer to my car to open the doors! So we started at 10am. Lunchtime I took Sabrina over to Diane's house.

Good news is that I got to leave early to head to the airport. I left my phone in the car, but thank heavens, I remembered I was supposed to call Mom and Dad back . . . so I raced back to the car then back to the very long line to get to the gate. The flight was highly amusing because I sat beside one of the districts administrators (names not included to protect the freaky) who is afraid of flying. Even after some medication and 2 bloody marys the boy was a stress case. One of the elementary school principals has the same issue but apparently his drugs worked better cause he was just Mr. Happy. No concerns. Highly medicated.

I'm in Houston for a Promethean ActivBoard Conference. It is so cool! I could give more detail, but it's easier to send you to the website.

I have to say all these yearbook trips that I make requests to the hotel for a larger room or a sitting room, and it never works out are a set up for this trip with just be and this huge room. This dang room has a kitchen, living room, king size bed and a pillow that says Sweet Dreams!! I know I look like a big hick putting my hotel room pictures up, but I just can't resist.

At any rate, when I woke up Monday morning for the inservice I realized that I would need to pack better for Houston. Yes, I brought a warm coat. The school where this is being done has multiple buildings so the coat came in pretty dang handy. Might have frozen my knickers off if I hadn't brought the coat.

I got a call this morning that school is delayed two hours, hope they let the sub know. The school we were supposed to visit today to watch them using these whiteboards is closed, so they set up small groups only they are all elementary and only 2 other English/social studies secondary teachers, so a couple of girls and I are just hanging in my room watching tv. Not a great use of time, but atleast I'm getting to blog. Some of you get quite petulant when I don't keep up.

I haven't heard from Fran, but I am hoping she has finished hurling and is now accomplishing many things in Taipei.

MaryBeth and company continue to wait with baited breath for word of where they are going next. Since almost all of the airforce officer personnel know where they are going, we are finding this a very frustrating situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment