Friday, November 12, 2010

Feeling Zen

What is it about moving that fills me with expectations and a desire to improve myself. Certainly this last move did nothing for me. I never managed to find my groove, get really organized, keep up with my devotionals or really anything. It was a 12 month interim of not accomplishing jack shit.

This move? This move has me filled with hope. Sure, Sabrina is still sick, so my new downstairs will still be an infirmary, BUT it is tile, so it should be easier to keep clean.

The new place has a 3rd bedroom, so I will have an office/craft/sewing/wrapping room. It will be organized, neat and orderly.

The guest room will still have to have my dresser of skivvies and the closet will have my out of season clothes, BUT it will be a lovely guest room used at least once a year when my friend PR comes to stay with me the night before school starts.

The TWO car garage will be organized with my garden tools and work tools. The washer and dryer are in the garage so that will be an organized area too.

I am putting things on Craig's List, and if I can't sell stuff, then I'll give it away. I will not hoard my shit. I will give it away so other people can hoard.

I have to admit, I really thought when I rented this place I had found the smallest kitchen in America, but then I saw the new place, and Eureka, I had found it...an even SMALLER kitchen. Does it get any better than this? NO. It's awesome. I will keep only what I really need, and let's be honest, I am not a big cooker.

In fact, I keep thinking that if my official move date is November 27, and 37 days later I go back to school, then I could give myself 37 days to get unpacked, organized and ready to go.

In the meantime, I, prepare to begin applause, have already figured out what I want my new year's resolutions to be. I am going to share because it is good. No, not unusual, no, won't be a surprise, but still good.

2011 the year of mind, body, environment. 20 minutes a day, for my mind, my body and my environment. Easy right? One hour.

So, mind - I think will be morning. I'll read my devotional or write meditatively on the blog or both.

body - beyond walking the dogs, I will drop them off and then run for twenty minutes minimum. I HAVE to burn calories.

Environment - I will spend 20 minutes a day keeping up with the house/yard, make the bed, file docs and take care of financials, keeping the place clean, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment