Saturday, August 15, 2009

Why must my life be a cosmic joke?

T24 and counting until school starts in the morning. I am not as far along on house prep as I would have liked, but I am much farther along than I thought I would be at this time last week. I'm still hypervenilating, just not quite as much.

I rented the power washer and I think the house looks better. But I also did the back deck, and it looks FANTASTIC . . . well, except for the 5 ft side board that I apparently forgot to do. oops. It was a hellofa work out. Totally tired by the end of the day, I went to bed by 7pm and slept until almost 7am.

Friday was an interesting day. M & D came and helped some more (Bless their poor worn out hearts.) Dad worked on the closet door that wouldn't shut because of the new threshold. He stained the many new thresholds in the house and did various other odd jobs. Late in the day, he turned his eye to the kitchen. I had bought a new faucet for the kitchen, and D said he thought he could install it. The bad news is that about half way through he commented that he had forgotten how limber one needed to be to do plumbing. Water started dripping heavily onto his face (and hearing aids) . . . then he started feeling sick.

In the end, I called roto rooter out and got them to install it because there was a lake forming in the bottom of the cabinet. I had to trade out the faucet and we won't even discuss how much the $50.00 faucet cost to install. Yikes. Totally should have been a plumber!!

I had a date Friday evening, so I started getting ready at about the same time my sorry ass phone started screwing up. It was in a perpetual "hot sync" to the computer although it wasn't connected to the computer. I was going online trying to trouble shoot etc doing everything I could.

Before the drummer had even arrived to pick me up, the phone was totally dead.

Ah, but the drummer. He doesn't have a cell phone, and I'm not that sure he's a technofiend even if he is in the technology biz. Hmmmm I say. Luckily he has all sorts of other characteristics to redeem him. (For one, he seems to really like my dogs which does make him a standout compared to most of you yahoos.) We had a really nice time, and the date lasted about 6 hours. Suffice it to say I was very tired in the morning. No next date scheduled, but I am hopeful . . .

I also had a painter coming, a SOD installation scheduled, my parents were swinging by and I had no phone. Auuuuggghhhh.

Luckily I could twitter big sis on the computer and she then called the parents to let them know what was up. I just had to pray no one else was calling to confirm before arriving. Especially because in the end I lost all messages left for me between Friday evening and Saturday at about noon.

I went out to get the phone worked on as soon as I could, of course, as you would expect, phone no go. When I arrived they needed to see my driver's license. Had I remembered to get it out of the other purse from the night before? No, of course not. So, I had to go all the way home to get it and then go back. In the meantime, they don't even sell the battery to this phone any more, and the guy was pretty confident that it was the phone itself that was messed up because they have a history. As we all know, I hate that phone with a passion, so I wasn't suprised by the info.

I am mildly sick to my stomach at getting the new phone before I sold the house, but the thought of getting a cheaper phone just to turn around and get this one 2 months later didn't seem much smarter. So, on the upside, spending money made my stomach hurt. That's new and different.

Back on the farm, the painters almost immediately informed D that I needed to buy more paint (never mind that the guy that gave me the bid said he would buy any extra paint that was needeed) so I had to go to Home Depot. Because of that I missed the window to get to the bank to get the money to pay the painters. Luckily they didn't ask for the money yesterday, but I'll hae to work that into the schedule for Monday.

The SOD got laid, but it turns out there wasn't enough, so I'm going to call the guy and ask WTF how did it get so off and then I've got to try to figure out how to make it look less obvious.

The painter I hired didn't actually do the painting, two of his lackeys did. But they didn't get everything done that they were supposed to do, and now I'm really worried about the paint being dry etc when the cleaning is done on Tuesday.

My friend is coming over today, and she'll spend the night and go to Convocation tomorrow from my house, so after church my plan is to go through the house carefully figuring out exactly what I have left to do.

OH and I still need to
lay the stepping stones in the backyard,
buy paint to touch up the master bedroom (what, another trip to Home Depot?! oh goody),
do laundry,
take stuff to the parental's house,
call the electrician (I have a light fixture in the dining room to hang),
get all of my stuff to go to the dump to the curb,
clean the blinds
and make another trip to storage although there is NO room, so I'm not sure of how that will work.)

I'm tired just looking at the list. Especially since it really all has to be done today. No time for blogging people. Gotta go.

1 comment:

  1. That list is much, much shorter than your list from last week - congrats! You are so close to getting done. Hang in there!