Tuesday, June 30, 2009

By Request

When I got back from Europe, I was totally excited to find that work had begun on my home improvement projects that required my friend/handyman, Scott, to do. I've had a picture of what I wanted for ages. Scott did a fantastic job of recreating it. I still have to finish flattening the walls and paint, but I now have wall to wall mantle with bookshelves on either side of the fireplace. I love it.
There was a fireplace with Corinthian columns there before. Scott kept saying I should just throw the mantle out. I couldn't bear to do it. Luckily, it didn't take long for me to realize that I still hadn't solved my lack of headboard problem either. So, now the old mantle is the headboard. I know it is hard to tell, but it is pretty cool looking. It will look even better if my parents make it home alive (my sister is working the bejesus out of them) and I can get some help making the curtains and hanging them!

Sadly, although Scott did manage to tear the bathroom up, I am too poor to actually get anything done, let alone pay for the stuff that needs to go in it. It is down to the studs. My goal by the end of the summer is to have the master and front room painted. Let's see if I get it done.



No comments:

Post a Comment