Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So far this week. . .

Well, I was up until about 12 Sunday night working on the book. Exhausted Monday. Got home Monday afternoon and went on an expedition for my 5 twenties. I am truly impressed with the U.S. governments choice of paper for bills. Money is extremely durable. Although the money was in pieces, I managed to excavate about $40.00. Cleaned it up and pieced pieces together. I got another twenty, but it is missing Ben Franklins face in the middle. There is a last bill that is missing so much that I know I missed a pile o poop somewhere, but I just can't find it. My goal is to tape the money up and then take it Bank of America and beg them for non shat on money. We'll see what happens.

I was up last night until about 2am working on the book. I had to fix spreads and then turn each one into a pdf and then burn disks.

I set the alarm for 5am so that I could get to Kinko's, but that didn't work out. The alarm went off at about 5, but I kept hitting the alarm. At some point it went skidding off the bedside table. I am missing the battery cover on the clock because the stupid dogs ate it (as you may have realized there is NO limit to what they are willing to eat.) So when it goes skidding off the table the batteries fall out. I, still asleep, say to myself, no problem I'll wake up in a second. HA I woke up at about 7am. I hauled it to school where I had a 7:30am meeting with some parents of a dipsy doodle kid who just isn't doing his work.

HOLY crap I just realized I missed the morning meeting and forgot to go to the afternoon faculty meeting. shoot.

OK, at any rate, I called one of my kids who is a sweet heart. She came up grabbed my disk, took it to Kinko's and had copies made.

Now I tried to go pick them up before the meeting with the boys, but they weren't ready. Then I sent someone to get them later, and they weren't printed properly, so then I had to take them back and have them reprinted.

In the meantime, while meeting with the boys they said that they are worried about the mad rush to finish, and they want to slow down enough to make sure that everything is exactly right. That is probably a really good thing. I still have to do the index and bibliography which will probably take up a lot more time than I realize, but maybe I can get back to walking the dogs everyday again.

In the meantime it is almost 5:30. My stomach is burning from all the acid swishing around, my eyes are burning from the total lack of sleep, and I'm dangerously close to taking a bath and going to bed. By dangerously close, I really mean that as soon as I'm done writing, I'm taking a bath and going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment