Thursday, December 6, 2007

7 days later . . .

I can tell you at this point I feel like I have been busier than hell all week. I'm not sure if I can keep everything in order.

Shawn Northcutt the photographer from hell: Well, after a bunch of back and forth, the boys told me to basically agree to pay shawn what he wanted, but to just get rid of him. Shawn sent a courier over to the high school with the disk of images. One of the guys wasn't included in the disk, so I told the courier I wasn't going to give him the invoice ok's by the boys yet. Shawn sent an email saying he was going to cancel his reimbursement check until it was resolved. What a putz. I sent a note back telling him to just send me another disk with the rest of the images. What a novel idea. He is supposed to have all of the senior images sent to the plant by tomorrow. Honestly, if the plant doesn't get them I am going postal on his butt.

New Photographers: Tread gave me the name of a guy, Mike, who has great photos on his web site, hooray, and then I got another name from Helen, the pr person for the district. So, I have two photographers.

Sunday I thought I had hired a scheduler. I didn't hear from him until Tuesday evening. Turns out his appendix ruptured Sunday. Some people will do anything to get out of work. Poor guy. At any rate, he is healing at home and I am trying to call people like a wild thing. I've actually made contact of some sort with everyone, and scheduled three appts.

I'm trying to reach all of these people and get photos or schedule appts. I'd like to add part of the problem is that my phone went dead today. On the phone too much. Grrrr.

The dogs are getting the short end of the stick at the moment. I keep getting home late, and they aren't getting quality time or walks.

The girls have been working madly on the yearbook. They are really on top of it. Our plan is to get proofs by this coming Monday, finish those and send out another 30 spreads or so before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment