Friday, December 28, 2007

The liquid diet

Day 10. At first one might not think this is bad. There are lots of fun liquids out there. But alas, this is the no fun liquids diet. No caffeine - shoot me now, no soft drinks of any kind. No hot chocolate, yum. No alcohol sigh.

Actually, this week my liquids include soups that are brothy. Oh goody. I've added mushroom soup and cream of corn. Next week another layer of thickness, if you will. Yogurts, puddings etc. That is good.

All in all the specialized funky diet lasts for six weeks. . . Good news, it is impossible to not lose weight, bad news . . . well, I think you can figure it out.

An interesting note is that I am drinking all of these protein drinks and shakes. I'm almost positive that I am getting more protein now than I usually do.

Although many consider Christmas to be a bad time to start such a diet, I have to tell you that it is working out very well. I'm trapping myself at home anyway to work on the book, so my only distractors are food commercials on TV and I just flip the channel on those!

Back to work . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment